Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chasing Pavements Part 1 Review

Okay, so I'm doing a new thing here at Degrassi Fanbase. Instead of reviewing both parts, I'll be reviewing them seperatley. So you get thoughts on both parts every week, instead of every two weeks. But before I begin, here are the Chasing Pavements Part 2 Promos:
PLOT: FIONA
http://nick.mtvnimages.com/teennick-assets/shows/images/degrassi/flipbooks/1041/chasing-pavements-part-1-fiona-rdb.jpg?height=385&width=510&matte=false&format=jpegThis was definatley the best storyline of the episode. Unlike waiting almost two seasons for Dean to go to trial back in season four, this trial went by faster then you could say 'Lesbiona J.' And speaking of which, I found that slight kiss to be a great setup for part 2, which is said to be the episode where Holly J and Fiona might *just might*get together. Opinions? Me? I say that I wish they would drop that plot and stick with the Fiona/Bobby trial. I was really glad to see Bobby AND Tinsley back. (Stephen Stohn's tweet finally makes sense!) But my favorite part of the episode, was when Tinsley admitted being slapped by Bobby. It lets the audience know that she's really not as bad as we thought she was. Which makes the storyline so much tighter and more realistic.
PLOT: ANYA/OWEN
http://i55.tinypic.com/288rzuw.png Welcome back to Degrassi, Owen Milligan! And may I ask, where you've been since Vegas Night? Perhaps in the boiler room? Tee-hee. This was an okay plot. I didn't like it, I didn't hate it. But I would say the best part was seeing Owen as someone other than a homophobic Ziley - Adam - Drew hater, was awesome. The storyline, however was not. Who really cares if Anya thinks Owen is creepy? Samantha Munro deserves a better plot then that, and she certainly deserves a better character then Owen to have to deal with.
PLOT: ALLI
Am I suprised that flippin' ALLI got a plot  in this episode? No! And we already know she's getting yet another in Drop the World. I am on serious Alli overload here. Seriously? No one cares about her anymore! This storyline should have just ended with Hide and Seek! GTHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!