Saturday, July 23, 2011

Now or Never Week One: Review

Above are the two new promos released for next week's episodes 'Cry Me A River' 1&2 and 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder' 1&2.
Anyway, down to busniess. Instead of reviewing the episodes every night, I'm going to do a week overview of the reviews. Okay? Understood.
Since I Already did Spring Fever, so I might as well move onto my opinions on . . . duh duh duuunnn. . .


LoveGame: After finally getting used at all of these two parters, I'm sort of confused on why they went to back to having just a couple of single standing episodes. Anyway, as a huge EClare fangirl, I had high expectations for this one. Those expectations weren't exactly met. The storyline was solid, but I didn't like the way things played out. Cake was really rushed, and I could see Clare's anger, but thought it needed more then one episode to flesh out. And I'm not being bias, but I HATE Jake. He's a cocky jerk, who's reminding me of the old season 10 Drew. That is NOT  a compliment. Heck, he's even worse then Drew. I hope his character becomes more developed so I don't have to be mad at him all season. As for Eli - we know he'll be off his meds soon, and I'm glad he was okay in this one. KC and Jenna's storyline started off well, something that I'm shocked at. I really liked Jenna, but became fed up with KC as the episode began. Yep, that's all I have to say. Oh, and I don't ship Cake what so ever.


What's My Age Again?: Best episode of the week, in my opinion. Anya portrayed perfect vulnerability, something that very few characters can deliver. I don't ship Dr. Anya at all, and was happy with the way things played out. The Degrassi Bermuda Triangle is now located in Kenya, by the way ;) But I thought the Ownya action was a little random, but that was how it was supposed to be. I felt so bad for Anya, with all her rejections in the same day. I really love her, and I hope that she'll get more credit in the future. Awesome set up for her coke storyline. Anyways, Conner was tre awkward this episode. I felt bad when Fi rejected him like that, and laughed about it. :( But the pantie stealing thing was creepy. Wesley and Hannah - totally shipping. They were hilarious.

Idioteque- Great episode, solid and awesome. I throughly enjoyed the main Drianca plot. And while I don't like Bianca, I loved her in this one. She really likes Drew, if she was willing to hand herself over to Vince to protect him, then that's caring about someone. I felt awful, when Drew broke up with her after that. Drew was great as well, with his paranoia over Vince and his gang, and it was an eerie plot. Espiecally when the SUV was following him, I was scared. But when he was beat up in the middle of the street, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I hope Drew recovers soon, as I'm liking him this season. Same thoughts on Owen/Anya as last episode, but I ship them this time. Poor Anya, with Holly J and Fiona being nasty indirectly, but still hilarious at the same time. Miss Oh taking a shower at school was really awkward, and Wesley was perfect as usual. Conner still creeped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here!